Friday, 27 February 2015

Cupcake

Hello again crafters!

I have been trying to make a birthday card for my mother-in-law's birthday which is today.  I took so long over it though that my husband went out and bought her a card so this will go to someone else instead later in the year!
I had an image in my head of how I wanted this to look and it's not quite turned out how I pictured it. I think I should have made the squares with the papers on a bit bigger or more rectangular.  I am still quite new at all this so I am learning all the time!

This is another Hobbycraft mini kit of a cupcake. I used some pink foil card to frame my layers.  The papers are all from my Create and Craft paper book.  I added some paper flowers with gems, the sentiment is also from the Create and Craft paper book.











I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:


Thanks for visiting my blog, please leave me a comment to let me know what you think and come back soon!













11 comments:

  1. I think it's perfect as it is Claire. You should save it for her next birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty. I love the papers and your cross stitch work. Doesn't it take a long time! A lovely card, I too think you should save it for her next birthday. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Crafting from the Heart. Sue DT. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know that I could give a card away after cross-stitching something to put on it. I've cross-stitched before and that's a lot of work! But what a nice gift! Thanks for sharing and joining us at Inspiration Destination. Hope to see you again and good luck!
    Ema
    IDCB Owner

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just lovely!! I think anyone would be happy to receive this beauty!! Thank you for joining us at Through the Craft Room Door!
    Hugs
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cross-stitch! Pretty festive colors! Thanks for joining us!
    Carolyn DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely Card. Reminds me of Cake Mornings!!! Love the layout, its perfect. Fabulous Make! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful creation. Thanks for joining our challenge at Crafting From The Heart and good luck in the draw!

    Hugs from Finland,
    Eemeli {DT}

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was a really cute card. Really like it :)

    Thanks for playing with us at Through The Purple Haze.

    Linda
    (DT at TTPH)

    ReplyDelete
  9. so cute
    Thanks for playing with the Sister act challenge card Fanny (SACC DT)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a message, please come back soon!