Tuesday 1 January 2019

Things with Wings at Unicorn

Good morning everyone, Happy New Year to you all!  It's time for a new monthly challenge at Unicorn.  Our theme this time is Things with Wings.


I have made a card for my Dad's birthday.  He is a keen fisherman so a Kingfisher seemed appropriate.  The chart is from Ultimate Cross Stitch Wildlife magazine and is stitched 2 over 2 with the recommended DMC threads.


The chart said this was aimed at the experienced stitcher, which I consider myself to be, but boy, did I have to keep unpicking bits where I went wrong!  Very fiddly indeed with lots of fractionals.  Worth it in the end though as I think it looks great.

I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges:


Thanks for visiting, don't forget to check out the other design team members makes for inspiration!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness this is wonderful. It must have taken ages? Thank you for sharing at LPCF

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a message, please come back soon!